taken from thepresenttruth.org
2 lbs firm or extra firm tofu
3 T peanut butter or almond butter
1/3 C oil
1 T paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp salt
1. Freeze, thaw and then squeeze the excess water out the Tofu
2. Cut Tofu into strips
3. Mix together remaining ingredients until smooth.
4. Pour over Tofu strips and have all the tofu strips covered as evenly as possible.
5. Marinate 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Lay Tofu strips out on cookies sheet which has been spread with oil.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until bottoms are browned.
9. Turn the pieces over and bake about 25 more minutes or until other sides are browned.
10. Pour barbecue sauce over all the pieces and bake 15 more minutes.
» BARBECUE SAUCE
1 Medium Onion, Chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
2 & 1/2C tomato sauce
1C date sugar
1/4 – 1/2 T cayenne
1 & 1/2 tsp parsley, dried
2T Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or salt to taste
3/4C lemon juice
1. Sauté chopped onion and minced garlic oil until become clear and golden.
2. Add all but the Bragg’s and lemon juice.
3. Bring to boil.
4. Reduce and let simmer for about an hour.
5. Add lemon juice and Bragg’s and cook 10-15 minutes longer.