1. What is one of the signs Jesus said would follow them that believe? Mark 16:17
The word “tongue” (glossa) means “language.”
2. What does each member have differently? Romans 12:6
Please also read 1 Corinthians Chapter 12, especially verses 4-11, 14-19, 28-30. The Bible does not say that a true believer has to have any one particular gift. Neither does it say that the believer may choose his gift. The Holy Spirit gives different gifts to different people, “dividing them severally as He will.”
3. What does Paul says he would rather you and I do? 1 Corinthians 14:4
4. On the day of Pentecost, how did each foreign visitor hear the apostles speak? Acts 2:6
A second manifestation of the gift of tongues took place at the house of Cornelius, a Roman centurion (Acts 10:46).
5. How did Peter explain that the gift of tongues at the house of Cornelius was no different from what was experienced at Pentecost? Acts 11:17
The only other recorded instance of tongues in the Bible is Acts 19:6. And there is nothing in the passage to indicate that its manifestation was any different.
6. What type of tongues should be spoken? 1 Corinthians 14:9
7. How are we to pray and sing? 1 Corinthians 14:15
8. What can’t the people say if they do not understand? 1 Corinthians 14:16
9. What is the only Biblically acceptable procedure for speaking in other tongues? 1 Corinthians 14:27
10. What if there is no one to interpret it? 1 Corinthians 14:28
11. What is the purpose of tongues? 1 Corinthians 14:22
12. Though I speak with tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as what? 1 Corinthians 13:1
13. Let all things be done unto what? 1 Corinthians 14:26
14. How therefore should all things be done?
1 Corinthians 14:40
“For God is not [the author] of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.” 1 Corinthians 14:33
In the Light of God’s Word…
I understand that spiritual gifts are distributed according to God’s will, not ours.
I understand that the purpose of the gift of tongues is to communicate the gospel and would be useless where it is not needed for that purpose.
Please also read 1 Corinthians Chapter 14, to understand completely what the Bible is saying about the gift of tongues
Ask a Question