Strict Standards: Non-static method Locate_Api_Map::getMetaKey() should not be called statically in /home/uxhbg5d8jpni/public_html/mgwministry/wp-content/themes/churchope/functions.php on line 194
1. Why do we need to test all spiritual manifestations? 1 John 4:1
“For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.” Matthew 24:24
2. According to what word must we test all things? Isaiah 8:20
3. What is always connected with the prophets? Matthew 22:40
The first and most important test of a prophet is that his message is in harmony with the law of God and the testimony of earlier prophets.
“And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.” 1 Corinthians 14:32
4. What does the accuracy of a prophet’s predictions indicate? Jeremiah 28:9
“And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that [is] the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, [but] the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.” Deuteronomy 18:22
5. Yet even if a sign should come to pass, what in a prophet’s message would prove him to be false? Deuteronomy 13:1-5
The second test of a prophet is the accuracy of his predictions. Predicting, however, is not the primary function of a prophet. A prophet’s work is to bear the messages that God gives, and those messages may or may not contain information about the future. But when God does reveal future events, we may be sure that it will happen just as He has foretold.
Because Satan can also foretell certain events before they happen, fulfilled predictions cannot be considered conclusive evidence of the genuine gift of prophecy. But Satan cannot predict with 100% accuracy as God does. For this reason, when a prophet’s predictions are consistently fulfilled throughout his entire career, we must take it as evidence of his authenticity. We should then look for the other tests to be met as well.
6. False prophets strengthen the hands of the wicked, so that what? Ezekiel 13:22
7. How then can we distinguish the genuine from the false? Matthew 7:16-20
Another test of a prophet is the fruit of his ministry. Does his own life reveal God’s character? Does his work bear the marks of the high and holy calling of God? Are people’s lives elevated through his influence?
8. How does God make Himself known to a prophet? Numbers 12:6
9. What two physical effects did Daniel have while in vision? Daniel 10:17
While in vision a prophet will have no breath and no strength
10. What happens when a prophet comes out of vision? Daniel 10:18
The regain their strength and will have supernatural strength. “And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare [thy chariot], and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not… And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.” 1 Kings 18:44, 46
11. When the prophet Balaam heard the words of God and saw the vision of the Almighty, how was his physical condition described? Numbers 24:4
Although never a conclusive test of divine inspiration, supernatural phenomena accompanying a vision do lend credibility to a prophet’s message. But because Satan can counterfeit such signs, we cannot base our confidence in a prophet solely upon physical manifestations. Physical signs are not always present when a prophet receives a revelation. God has often spoken to His prophets in dreams while they were sleeping.
12. Can a prophet be a woman? Acts 21:9
God often endowed women with the spirit of prophecy: Miriam (Exodus 15:20), Deborah (Judges 4:4), Hulda (2 Chronicles 34:22), Anna (Luke 2:36).
13. How can I know for certain that someone who claims to be a prophet is truly one? 1 Corinthians 2:13
“Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.” 1 Thessalonians 5:21
A prophet must fit all the criteria mentioned above. We must compare the prophet’s life and teachings with the word of God and see if EVERYTHING matches.
14. What will happen if we obey the prophet of the Lord? 2 Chronicles 20:20
In the Light of God’s Word…
I understand that the first thing to look for in a prophet is whether he/she is keeping the commandments of God
I understand that the gift of prophecy is what God uses to guide and direct His people.