God made man with His image or glory. “For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God”
1 Corinthians 11:7
4. What did God do with the jewels? Genesis 2:11, 12
God threw the gold and other jewels on the ground to beautify the land.
5. When preparing to go before God what did Israel get rid of? Exodus 33:5, 6
Read Genesis 35:2-4 Jacob called their jewelry “strange gods”.
6. What group of people was known to wear earrings? Judges 8:24
7. Who was the first person mentioned that wore make-up? 2 Kings 9:30
8. Who was Jezebel? 2 Kings 9:22
9. What does the Bible call putting on of make-up and jewelry? Jeremiah 4:30
10. What does Satan’s adornment consist of? Isaiah 3:18-23
11. What does God call these things? Isaiah 4:4
God says He will wash it off with judgment and burning
12. How ought Christians to adorn themselves? 1 Timothy 2: 9, 10
13. Why does Satan want to dress us like him? Hosea 2:13
Satan is trying to cause the world to focus so much on their outward appearance that they overlook the inward condition of our heart. “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean [thing]; and I will receive you,” 2 Corinthians 6:17
14. What is the proper adorning of a Christian? 1 Peter 3:3, 4
While Satan is trying to make the whole look like him God is trying to restore man to his original state when he had the glory or image of God. The character of God, this is the pearl of greater price
I understand that God desires me to adorn the inner man and not the outer.
I desire to put the unclean things and put on the character of God.
Ask a Question